We’re planning a low key, fun fly-in Sept. 9-10 at Woodrat Mt in Ruch, OR. Enjoy hanging out with your friends and experiencing those big thermal mid-day conditions and smooth evening glass off flights Woodrat has to offer.
Registration is free with your RVHPA annual or 7 day membership. GET a FREE Raffle Ticket when you register.
There will be pilot appreciation breakfast Saturday morning. Saturday evening there will be a Spaghetti dinner fund raiser for the Ruch School put on by the Cascade Paragliding Club.
There will be a raffle following the dinner. We will also have commemorative T-shirts and coffee mugs for sale.
– Early registration Raffle ticket, mug and T-shirt sales at LongSword LZ (3 – 7pm)
– Early arrivals and Glass Off flying
– Pilot appreciation breakfast and registration at LongSword LZ (8 – 9:30 am)
-Pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, juice, coffee
-Pilots meeting at LongSword LZ
-Welcome to Woodrat- Norm Young (9:00 am)
-P2 site briefing for pilots new to Woodrat- Kevin Lee (9:05 am)
-Safety and weather for mid-day flyers- Rick Ray (10:00 am)
-Food truck on site for lunches and snacks (12-4 pm)
-Entertainment at the LongSword Tasting room patio (3-5 pm)
-Courtesy of LongSword Winery
– Ruch School spaghetti dinner fundraiser at LongSword LZ (6:30 – 8:00 pm)
-Cascade paragliding club crew
-$7.50 donation requested
-Raffle (8:00 pm)
-Other Saturday activities
-Post flight wine tasting at LongSword Tasting room
-T-shirt, mug, and raffle ticket sales at LongSword LZ (9:00 am — 8:30 pm)
– Free Flying
-Wine tasting at LongSword tasting room
-No outside alcohol (beer and wine available at the LongSword tasting room)
– NONE. Only RVHPA membership required (annual or 7 day)
– Get one free ticket at registration
– Tickets on sale by RVHPA helpers throughout event and at the Dinner for $2 each or 6 for $10
– There should be plenty of drivers to shuttle pilots from the various LZ’s to launch. We plan on having a few dedicated shuttle vehicles or you can arrange rides with other pilots. Customary fee for a ride is $5 to Mid-launch and $10 to the Upper launch. More details at the pilots meeting Saturday morning.