Starthistle 2022-Reggae on the Rat
Save these dates for some great flying and fellowship at Woodrat Mountain.
The 2022 Star Thistle Fly In will be Friday July 8th through Sunday July 10th.
Headquarters and primary landing zone will be at Wells Land Vineyard.
1. Starthistle Event Only $30: includes site briefing/safety orientation, dinner and entertainment (live DJ!) Saturday night, and one free shuttle pass. $30
2. Starthistle Event & Camping $75: includes site briefing, dinner and entertainment (live DJ!) Saturday night, one free shuttle pass, and 3-day camping pass at Wells Land for the event!
July 8-10 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday July 8th
-4:30 PM Sign-in/registration
– 5:00 PM Glass off flying.
Van leaves Wells Land Vineyard 126 Hamilton Rd, Jacksonville, OR 97530
– 7:00 PM music jam session bring your instruments!
– Grills available, BYO meat/veggies
– Camping at Wells Land if selected at registration
Saturday July 9th
-8:00-9:00 AM Sign-in/registration
– 8:00-9:00 AM Pilot Appreciation Breakfast and Registration at Wells Land
— Pilot meeting at Wells Land —
– 9:00 AM Welcome to Woodrat – Summer Barham
– 9:05 P2 Site Briefing for new pilots – Rick Ray
– 9:45 Safety/Mid-day talk, weather – Rick Ray
– 11:00 AM Shuttle to Launch from Wells Land ($10, or bring your free shuttle pass!)
-1:00 PM Shuttle to Launch from Wells Land
– 5:00 PM Shuttle to Launch for glass Wells Land
– 6:30 PM Dinner & Party at Wells Land – Vegetarian option available- Live DJ
Sunday July 10
– 11:00 AM Shuttle leaves from Wells Land
-We have Uber in the Valley – Retrieves available for XC flights outside the Valley
-Camping available at Wells Land- purchase as part of your registration!
We are waiving the local visiting pilot membership requirement for pilots during this event. But you are quite welcome to purchase a $30 visiting pilot annual membership if you want to come earlier or stay later.
Sorry no refunds for weather or other reasons.
More details coming as we get closer to the event.